Monday, May 16, 2011

RAW MANGO PACHHADI

INGREDIENTS:
Raw Mango  1 no
Chilly powder    1/2  tsp
Turmeric powder   1/4 tsp
Jaggery               1/2 cup
Mustard seeds    1 tsp
Urad dal            1/2 tsp
Hing                a pinch
Salt                1/2 tsp
Oil                1 tbsp
Curry leaves    few
METHOD:
Peel the skin of mango and cut into cubes.
Heat oil add mustard, urad dal, hing and curry leaves.
Add mango cubes,chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well.
Add enough water, cover and cook.
When the mangoes  are cooked add crushed jaggery.Cook to jam consistency.The mangoes must be cooked well.

7 comments:

  1. Pachadi looks good. Following u for more yummy stuff.

    Do visit me as time permits and would love for you to follow me too.

    Vardhini
    VardhinisKitchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pachhadi...always make it during summers...looks very good and is sure tongue tickling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blend of flavours ... yummy yum:)
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slurp,mouthwatering here..

    ReplyDelete
  5. first time here..mango pachadi is my fav ..looks so nice..glad to follow u :)..do drop at my space too ..saranya
    http://foodandtaste.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think my first visit here! Pachadi looks so yummy! Love the sweet sour and spicy flavors. And I also love the name of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete